Tuesday 7 May 2013

April Beauty Favourites

This is my first favourites post so I thought I would show you all my favourite make-up items at the moment. Buying new make-up is one of my favourite things to do and I used to spend my lunch half hour at the John Lewis make-up counters. 


When I was up in Aberdeen my aim was to find the perfect day time foundation that gave the wearer that dewy, healthy glow. I found the new Clinique CC cream and loved it instantly. It cost me £28 and I got it in the shade 'Light.' Would recommend  this to everyone!

My second favourite is the Brow Zings kit from Benefit in 'Light' which costs £23.50. I get a wax and tint from Benefit every month and the girl at the counter recommended this product for my brows! I LOVE IT.

I love ALL Soap and Glory products so I could not wait to try their make-up. I got the Thick and Fast Mascara(£10.50) and the Kick Ass Concealer (£10) (and a lip gloss) on a 3 for 2 offer and I have witnessed great things from both these products. The Thick and Fast Mascara has a thick bristly brush which I prefer to the plastic wands and gives me Thick voluminous lashes ;). The Kick Ass Concealer is a three step system with a cream highlighting concealer for under eyes and your nose, a thicker concealer for hiding blemishes andddd a translucent powder to set the concealer. 

My favourite eye shadow quad right now is the Chanel Mystic Eyes Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow. (£38) It gives you the choice of wearing a natural eye look or a smoky eye which is why I love this palette.

I have heard a lot of hype from the Superdrug brand Sleek so I purchased this Blusher in Rose Gold (£4.50) and it is the most amazing pigmented blush colour. It is the perfect mix of pink and coral with some gold shimmer. I always look like I have glowing skin when I wear this blush.

My final Favourite is the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Peach Passion, Number 13. (£24.50). It is the loveliest coral lip colour which is more orange than pink but as my absolute favourite colour is Orange it is my favourite lipstick. It is very moisturising on the lips which can mean that you do have to reapply a few times throughout the day but it is worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment