Thursday 26 September 2013

September Beauty Favourites

I love the autumn and as soon as it turned September I was swapping all my summer essentials for beauty products that were more seasonal. I have been loving a few products this month and have discovered some amazing beauty treats on my visits to Boots.


For skin care I have been loving the Champneys Super Rich Cleansing Balm, which I did a blog post on. This product is a treat to use and it gives great results. My skin just feels amazing and any blemishes I had are gone. A little goes a long way of this cleansing balm and I have barely made a dent even though I have been using it every night during my skin care routine. 

I have been following my cleansing balm with the Caudalie Divine Oil. This is another favourite that has made a difference to my skin. The Divine Oil makes my skin feel nourished, moisturised and healthy. I would recommend using this every other night or twice a week as your nightly moisturiser, using it more often could cause break-outs.

I have decided that I need to start washing my hair every other day instead of everyday because I think it makes my hair greasy faster. I picked up the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush and I have really been enjoying this product. Not only does it de-grease the hair it also adds volume which I am in much need of. My hair is super flat and I find it hard to puff it out and this does the trick.

As it is autumn, I have decided to swap the pastel and bright nail polishes for nudes and darks. I have been loving these three nail polishes this month: 
Chanel Frenzy: A pale grey
Chanel April: a dark burgundy 
Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay in Divine Wine: a red toned dark purple
The formula of the Chanel polishes is not great but I love these colours so much I am willing to overlook that and just paint over unsightly chips. The Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay nail polishes have an amazing long lasting formula and I can not fault this shade!

The lip product I have been loving this month is the Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. I swear I have worn this shade every day. It is the perfect shade of pink that can be easily worn throughout the day. If in doubt of what colour to put on my lips I pick up this beauty! The formula is very pigmented for a sheer lip butter and it is very moisturising!

After Essiebutton raved about the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder I knew I had to get my hands on it. This powder is incredible. Most of my foundations and bases have a very dewy finish because that was the look of the summer. However, as it is now autumn and the glow needs to be toned down a little, I have been reaching for this powder to matte up my face. It's very finely milled and leaves a beautiful finish. 

I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and I was on the hunt for the Rose Gold shade. After looking EVERYWHERE I picked it up in Carlisle. I still favour On and On Bronze as my Cream shadow of choice but I have been enjoying the Rose Gold colour for evenings and dinner dates with my friends. The colour is very pigmented and quite shimmery which I like for an evening look.

This September I have been back to loving my brows and filling them in to their full potential! I have been using the Benefit Brownings kit to make my eyebrows stand out in the crowd and I love it. I prefer using wax and powder to fill in my brows rather than a pencil, and I have it in the shade light. The colour is a perfect match to my own eyebrows and I think that my look always looks complete when my eyebrows are filled in correctly. 

My final favourite of the month is a cream blusher from MUA. This blusher cost me £2 which I think is the bargain of the year. My favourite shade is Dolly which is a lovely peach colour and I have been wearing this when I have chosen to do a more darker eye look, to contrast with a natural cheek colour. I am so impressed with the quality of this blusher when it only cost £2! There is a nice shade selection so you should check out MUA at Superdrug. 

What have been your September favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment