Friday 31 January 2014

Avon Haul #5

I know, yet another Avon Haul. As I have said many times before I am a big fan of the Avon brand and I have been putting in little orders for myself recently.



Avon Magix Face Perfector / Avon Light Moisture Gel Refreshing Face Gel Cream / Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argon Oil Leave in Treatment / Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Duo in Warm Cashmere and Enchanted Forest / Avon Blush Brush / Avon All Over Face BrushAvon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Saturn Grey / Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in Lava Love /

I have been using the Magix Face Perfector for a couple of weeks and I was very impressed to begin with. It does keep your makeup on for the full day which is an important factor in choosing a primer. However, it claims to reduce the look of pores and smooth the skin, yet I felt that this face perfector did not live up to these expectations. I still like to use this under a fuller coverage concealer because it is fantastic at prolonging makeup.

I chose the Avon Light Moisture Gel Refreshing Face Gel Cream because it was aimed at those with oily/combination skin. It contains Green Tea and Cucumber and is very cooling on this skin. After using this for a couple of weeks I have realised that you should pair this with a more moisture rich moisturiser to keep the skin hydrated.

This year I want to look into using more hair products. My hair care routine usually involves, shampoo, conditioner, towel dry and brush. As exciting as this sounds, I want to try out more products to make the most out of my blonde hair. I ordered the Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Maroccan Argan Oil Leave in Treatment and I have been loving it. I run it through the damp ends of my hair after a shower and then blow dry on the cool setting. I noticed a difference in my hair straight away, it looks and feels healthier and I now use this almost everyday. Finally on the hair oil bandwaggon!

I hold a special place in my heart for Avon eyeshadows and ordered the Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Duo's in Enchanted Forest and Warm Cashmere to add to my growing collection. The pigmentation of Avon eyeshadows are amazing and are buttery soft.

I love the Real Techniques Brushes but Avon had a special offer on their makeup brushes and I wanted to give them a go. I picked up the All Over Face Brush and the Blush Brush and have been enjoying using them for bronzer and blusher.

I don't really use eyeliner, as you know I am awful at applying the stuff. I will learn!! But a friend picked up the Glimmerstick Eyeliner in Saturn Grey and I thought it looked amazing on her and wanted to give it a try. My plan for this eyeliner is to apply it to the crease and blend blend blend to create a smokey eye look.

Finally, I picked up another Ultra Colour Lipstick. I love the formula of these lipsticks, very pigmented and moisturising. I have been sporting a red lip recently and picked Lava Love so that I could have an Avon offering to add to my lipstick collection.

Any Avon suggestions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment