Thursday 23 January 2014

What's in my Makeup Bag?

The last time I did a 'What's in my Makeup Bag' post, it was summer and it's now that time of year where you swap tinted moisturisers for full coverage foundations and orange toned red lipsticks for the more muted nudey pinks. This is an updated edition of what makeup I've been wearing on a day to day. 
L-R / Mac Pro Palette / Bourjois Happy Light Foundation / L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara / Topshop Bronzer in Sandcastle / Mac Creme Cup / Benefit Browzings / Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer / Bourjois Colour Edition 24HR / Natural Collection Blush in Rosy Glow

Starting with foundation, I have been a big fan of the Bourjois Happy Light foundation. I have wore this foundation all autumn and winter and have had to repurchase it. It is a great medium coverage foundation that gives you a natural glow.

My concealer of choice is the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer. This is a three step system that includes two concealer shades and a setting powder. The concealers are extremely creamy and are great at covering blemishes and brightening dark circles. The setting powder is the incredible and I am going to pick up the full size Kick Ass Setting Powder on my next shopping trip.

I discovered contouring in 2013 and the product that I've been loving to give my face angles is the Topshop Bronzer in Sandcastles. It's the perfect contour shade for me and I have been wearing this everyday. I feel like my face is a just flat without it.

My everyday blusher shade is the Natural Collections Rosy Glow Blush. It gives my cheeks a natural flush and I would recommend these blushes to everyone. They are only £1.99 each and usually on a special offer in Boots.

For eyes, my go to Eye shadow base is the Bourjois Colour Edition 24HR cream to powder eye shadows. I have the bronze and the silver one (I have no idea the name of these) and these our amazing at holding eye shadows in place all day and adding a beautiful shimmer.

The palette I have been reaching for recently has been my Mac Pro Palette. I have the shades, Naked Lunch, Satin Taupe and Blackberry and have been loving making a purple smokey eye with these colours. I think these shades are easy to wear every day shades and I can not wait to get my hands on more. 

I love the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara and I picked up the waterproof version. This is great for everyday long, voluminous lashes and it makes my lashes stay perfect all day.

My Benefit Browzings Kit is my go to eyebrow product, I find that powder gives a more natural finish than eyebrow pencils and this one is great for keeping my eyebrows full and dark throughout the day. It comes with a powder, wax, slanted brush, powder brush and tweezers so it is perfect for chucking in your handbag.

The final product is for lips. I have been loving rocking Nude lips recently after wearing brights and berry's over the Christmas period. I love Mac Creme Cup for everyday lips and this colour can be matched with a lot of makeup looks.

What do you keep in your makeup bag?




No comments:

Post a Comment