Friday 28 February 2014

February Beauty Haul

I have had to take the day off work as I am sick and I am currently in bed, jammys on and snuggled into my dog. So I thought I'd bring you a beauty haul from my latest trip down the Aisles of Boots. This haul was purchased during 2 seperate trips on one day! I just couldn't get enough.

This shopping trip was definetly influenced by beauty blogger hype and I went a little crazy on the 3 for 2 offer that is currently in store and online! (Check it out!!) They are having one of those Mega 3 for 2's when makeup and Skincare is on offer, and I love it.

My first purchase was the La Roche-Posey Effaclar Duo+. I have heard everyone and their dog talk about the wonders of this product and as I have acne prone skin I thought I'd give this a go. It claims to, 'correct the appearance of imperfections, unclogs pores and fight against marks'. I am still trying to work out how best to use this as I've heard some people use it as a serum before moisturising and others using it as a primer before applying foundation. If any of you have any advice, please leave a comment on this post. 

Next up is the New Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I have previously used the L'Oreal Skin Perfection  3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution, but was not really impressed. It ran out really quickly and dried out my skin a little. The Garnier version is double the size and around the same price and I'm gonna keep using it and I will do a review soon to update you guys on what I think.

I picked up the Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream Shine Be Gone for my 3 for 2. I am forever looking for the perfect moisturiser for my skin and I still do not know if I have found it. I have tried this a couple of times and I think I may have to go for a more richer moisturiser. Anyways, there are 5 different moisturisers in the Garnier Moisture Match range that are aimed at different skin types and needs. The Shine Be Gone Moisturiser is aimed at those with oily combination skin and it contains green tea extract. It smells really fresh and the consistency is lovely and surprisingly creamy yet I need to keep using it before forming an opinion. 

My first makeup purchase is the L'Oreal True Match Foundation in N1 Ivory. I read on Liana-Beauty that this was a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Having never tried that foundation but hearing and reading countless reviews about how it is the foundation to beat all foundations, I had to give this highstreet alternative a try. I have not fallen in love with it yet but I have only used it twice. I'll keep you updated.

I am on a mission to find the perfect primer to keep my makeup in place and to prevent that awful orange oxidisation thing foundations do. I picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer with the hope that I had found the perfect skin perfecting primer. I have only used this twice and I am really enjoying it so far so fingers crossed. Any amazing primer suggestions are more than welcome. 

Finally, I picked up the Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Showy. I love The Revlon Matte Balms and I can't wait to have them all. This is the most amazing flamingo pink shade with fantastic staying power. I love how matte and hard wearing these lipsticks are, while being extremely moisturising. I wore this to work yesterday and got so many compliments on the colour. 

I am so tempted to go back to Boots for more 3 for 2 fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment